Our first-ever edition of Writing Resources was so popular, we decided to make it a weekly affair!
The list includes some of the best resources and articles we’ve read online this week for:
- Writing and editing
- Publishing advice and contest considerations
- Encouragement for finishing your writing projects
So load up your reader and get ready to get your Learn on! Enjoy.
- An Illustrated Guide to Writing Scenes and Stories – Writing in Electric Lit, Jeff VanderMeer highlights several of the excellent, magical scene and story building graphics from his excellent Wonderbook
- On Writing Effective Flashbacks
- 7 Elements to Include in Your First Chapter
- Crafting Memorable Characters
- 5 Storytelling Tips to Win Readers
- Could Bookstores be the Next Startup Boom? The bookselling business is back! Inc. dives into the surprising trends powering bricks-and-mortar stores to impressive (even prosperous) growth.
- Barnes & Noble to Start Selling Self-Published Books in Stores
Productivity and Follow Through
- This 100-year-old To-Do List Hack Still Works Like a Charm How using the Ivy Lee Method can remove the friction of getting started toward achieving your goals.
- Why Thinking Small is the Secret to Big Success
Happy #WriterWednesday, Fellow Wordsmiths!
Ready to use all this great advice to advance your writing? Join TheRightMargin – We’ll show you how.