Our latest list includes some of the best resources and articles we’ve read online this week for:
- Writing and editing
- Publishing advice and contest considerations
- Encouragement for finishing your writing projects
So load up your reader and get ready to get your Learn on! Enjoy.
- Jennifer Egan on Writing, via Brainpickings – The ever-inspiring and erudite Brain Pickings explores Pulitizer-prize winning author Jennifer Egan’s thoughts on the writing life, excerpted from Why We Write: 20 Acclaimed Authors on How and Why They Do What They Do.
- NaNoWriMo Prep – 30 Tips for Writing a Book in 30 Days
- How to Write Anything Faster and Better
- Breaking Down the Essay that Got a Teen Accepted to 5 Ivy League Schools and Stanford
Publishing & Contests
- A Beginners Guide to Submitting Work to Literary Magazines – Writing in the Michigan Quarterly Review, author Ryo Yamaguchi breaks down the daunting process of submitting your work. A useful and timely read in advance of the Fall/Winter submission season.
- Opportunities and Contests for Writers, September and October
Productivity and Follow Through
- A Writing Routine: How to Begin – Author Beatrix Conti shares a graphic detailing her writing routine. A fun resource for those of you looking to add some structure to your writing this fall.
- How to Build a Creative Mind that Will Never Run Out of New Ideas
- Trying to Conquer Writer’s Block When You’re on a Deadline? Learn from Emergency Doctors
Happy #WriterWednesday, Fellow Wordsmiths!
Ready to use all this great advice to advance your writing? Join TheRightMargin – We’ll show you how.