Our latest list includes some of the best resources and articles we’ve read online this week for:
- Writing and editing
- Publishing advice and contest considerations
- Encouragement for finishing your writing projects
So load up your reader and get ready to get your Learn on! Enjoy.
- How to Be a Writer: 10 Tips from Rebecca Solnit – In an article that has taken the writerly internet by storm, Rebecca Solnit offers some beautiful and hard truths about becoming (and remaining) a writer. If you read one thing today, this should be it.
- Cultivating Urgency in Your Fiction
- How Long Did it Take to Write Famous Novels (infographic)
- Thirteen Writing Tips from J.K. Rowling (because she knows a thing or two)
- Eight Steps You Must Take to Write a Book
Publishing & Contests
- How to Find out What Your Editor Really Wants – Writing in the Renegade Writer, Linda Formichelli breaks down the simple, and often overlooked method of ensuring you deliver a product in line with your editor’s expectations.
- Pushcart Prize Literary Magazine Rankings
- “Humans Wanted” – An intriguing contest and premise funded via a Kickstarter campaign. This forthcoming anthology’s tagline is “when going somewhere dangerous, take a human.” Story length is between 3-6 thousand words and they do offer payment. Submissions are open now through December 31st.
Productivity and Follow Through
- Two Strategies that Skyrocketed My Motivation by 50 percent! – Writing on Pick the Brain, Stephen Roe explores a fascinating experiment to improve motivation and follow through by applying intrinsic and extrinsic rewards to their respective areas of strength. Well worth the read for those of us struggling to crack the motivation code!
Happy #WriterWednesday, Fellow Wordsmiths!
Ready to use all this great advice to advance your writing? Join TheRightMargin – We’ll show you how.