Our list includes some of the best resources and articles we’ve read online this week for:
- Writing and editing
- Publishing advice and contest considerations
- Encouragement for finishing your writing projects
So load up your reader and get ready to get your Learn on! Enjoy.
- How Stephen King Teaches Writing – Jessica Lahey of The Atlantic chats with Stephen King about the powerful lessons and personal anecdotes in his seminal craft book On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft.
- 15 Things Every Writer Will Understand
- 128 Ways to Avoid the Word “Very” (infographic)
- Putting Pencil to Paper
- How NOT to Write a Novel
- Cognitive Science Terms for Writers
- How to Distinguish Yourself Among Agents and Editors – Jane Friedman discusses how reading in, and awareness of, your genre might just be the difference between getting published and remaining on the rejections list.
- The Difference Between Commercial and Literary Fiction
- Book Discovery Sites Can Help You Find More Readers
- Where to Submit Your Work – September 2016
Productivity and Follow Through
- Using Time Blocking for a Productive Writing Life – Jaimie Raintree illustrates the powerful method of time blocking for setting expectations, creating balance, and making writing a priority in your life.
- Writer’s Block? Resistance? How to Let Your Creativity Off the Leash
Happy #WriterWednesday, Fellow Wordsmiths!
Ready to use all this great advice to advance your writing? Join TheRightMargin – We’ll show you how.