Our latest list includes some of the best resources and articles we’ve read online this week for:
- Writing and editing
- Publishing advice and contest considerations
- Encouragement for finishing your writing projects
So load up your reader and get ready to get your Learn on! Enjoy.
- Writing With a Job: Be the Stockbroker – “If you really need to write, you will find a way to do it. … Whatever you do to make a living, you can still create. There’s nothing wrong with being the stockbroker — as long as you’re still a poet, too.” An inspiring read for those of us who often struggle with the duality of working a day job while trying to carve out time to create art.
- The Gotham Writer’s Workshop Character Questionnaire – Incredible (and downloadable) questionnaire to help you build rich characters for your story. Perfect primer for those of you planning for NaNoWriMo.
- Rewriting the Story of Your Life: A Process of Self Exploration Through Writing
- How to Become an Even More Prolific Writer by Blogging Every Day
- FREE Course! How Writers Write Fiction 2016: Storied Women – On October 11, the University of Iowa will kick off this free online course, “centered on female authorial voices and female literary characters.”
Publishing & Contests
- Submitting is Not a Dartboard – Author Allison Williams on her new book, which seeks to “reposition the submissions process as a matter of great diligence and skill with a dash of luck and timing, rather than the other way around.”
- Contest: Writer’s Digest Popular Fiction Awards (Deadline: October 14)
- Contest: Omnidawn’s Fabulist Fiction Chapbook Contest (Deadline: October 17)
Productivity, Inspiration & Follow Through
- Celebrated Writers on How To Overcome Writer’s Block
- The Ancient Poem that Will Put Your Life in Perspective
Happy #WriterWednesday, Fellow Wordsmiths!
Ready to use all this great advice to advance your writing? Join TheRightMargin – We’ll show you how.